Monday, December 24, 2007
All snug in their beds
Aiden and Seth were read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" tonight and then Dan and I went to work getting everything ready for tomorrow morning. Most all the presents were already wrapped and under the tree. Dan has been jokingly asking me since Friday (when he did all his shopping) if he could just leave things in the bags they came in. Not to worry - he did wrap everything tonight. We bought the boys a huge toy cabinet a few days ago and brought that down from the guest room where it has been stored since Saturday evening. I made two more desserts (pumpkin crunch and sopapilla - if you've never had these before, I'll give you the recipes; they're amazing!) to have in addition to all our Christmas cookies; and I also mixed up the breakfast casserole for tomorrow morning. The turkey is still thawing in the sink, and I'll have the rest of the feast to make up tomorrow, but I'm really looking forward to it. The boys and I finished reading "A Christmas Carol" today and I know I want to make it a tradition to read through that book with them every December from now on. Of course thirteen months might be a little young for Dickens, but hopefully they'll appreciate it more as the years go by. Also this month, I've been able to watch all my Christmas favorites - Rudolph, It's a Wonderful Life, A Muppets Christmas Carol (twice) and White Christmas (twice). I would have watched these all a few more times, but I had to watch them when Dan was either out or busy elsewhere in the house. I'm definitely looking forward to Aiden and Seth being old enough to watch these with me and appreciate them. Only a few more things to do now before Dan and I also get to settle in for a long winter's nap. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment