Unfortunately, it's not a first to celebrate... it's his first ear infection. Seth, who has seemed to be more sick than Aiden all week, doesn't have an ear infection, just a bad cold. Both the boys have had fevers this week, but I was told by one of the nurses when I called their doctor's office on Monday that it was most likely a viral infection and they couldn't do anything about it. Neither of them have been their normal, easy-going selves this week. I kept trying to convince myself not to call the doctor's office again, since I thought I was probably overreacting and didn't want to have to pay the doctor just to hear, "Sorry. You'll just have to wait it out," but I finally did this morning. I was surprised to learn that Seth has just a cold. And I think the doctor was surprised as well when it turned out that Aiden has the ear infection, since Seth was being the crabby one at the office. But I feel justified in having brought them in this morning. I also am glad that something can be done to make one of the boys feel better, although I wish we could have avoided an ear infection and the bad cold altogether.
Even though it is Aiden's first ear infection, I am reminded of how healthy the boys have been in their first year of life, despite being premature. Except for Aiden's bronchiolitis, this ear infection, and the almost-monthly colds the boys have seemed to get for the past five months, they haven't had to deal with anything else. Thank God for that!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment