Sunday, February 3, 2008
Shopping
Yesterday, Dan stayed home with Aiden and Seth while I drove a couple hours east to College Station, to shop at one of my favorite stores, Plato's Closet. The store there is the closest one to where we live and I've been there a few times before, but not for a couple of years. But Alvana bought me a gift card from there for Christmas, so I had a good reason to go. It was a beautiful, sunny day and I enjoyed my drive on the little country roads (which in Texas means 70mph speed limits!), catching up with some friends when my cell phone had reception and listening to cds that didn't have any songs about itsy-bitsy spiders or wheels on buses. I was gone for a little over seven hours, which is the longest I've been away from my boys since they came home from the hospital a year ago December. Dan had a good time with them... they did boys' stuff, like a trip to Home Depot... and both Seth and Aiden slept over an hour for their afternoon nap, so I think Dan had it pretty easy because that almost never happens for me! I spent two hours shopping at Plato's Closet and came home with 15 new articles of clothing (and not one thing cost even $10, with the average being around $4!). Being gone for seven hours is worth it when I can get deals like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah! You got to go! I'm so glad for you!
Sounds like you got some great deals!!
Post a Comment