.

.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Car Washes and Rainy Days

After voting in our primary elections on Tuesday, I decided on the spur of the moment to take our very filthy van to the car wash. I ended up getting it washed for free because the credit card machine at the place where I went was broken and the owner said he'd let me go through anyway, even though I didn't have any cash. I had Aiden and Seth with me at the time and it ended up being a pretty traumatic event for Seth. Once the suds covered up the windows, he just started bawling and reaching his hands forward for me to get him out of his car seat and hold him. Aiden whimpered a little bit, but I think that was mostly because Seth was crying and so Aiden thought there must be something he should be upset about as well. As I don't frequent car washes all that often, I just stored away the mental note that Seth seemed scared of them and didn't think much more about it.

Today is raining, which is a rare occurrence in this part of the country which has an average of 300 days of sun a year. Even though it is technically our "rainy season" right now, it has been a very dry winter and spring here, and the boys haven't had much exposure to precipitation as of late. It didn't start raining hard until this afternoon, but on the way to Bible study this morning, we passed through a small shower and I had to turn on the windshield wipers in the van. Poor Seth! He must have thought he was being subjected to the terror of a car wash for the second time in one week because he started screaming just like he had on Tuesday. Living in Texas has some perks (like going to the park in February or November in t-shirts), but it certainly hasn't given the boys much experience when it comes to the many varieties of weather there can be!

No comments: