.

.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Texas BBQ

For lunch today, we took Dad down to The Salt Lick (a restaurant about an hour south of us in Driftwood, which has - in my opinion, at least - the best barbeque in all of Texas). We had been there last May with Dan's parents and when Dad started planning his trip here, we knew we wanted to take him there as well, even before we knew it would be our last time to go there before moving.
They let anyone walk right up to their smoking pit at the front of the restaurant, so I got some pictures of the ribs, turkey, chicken, sausage and brisket that they were preparing.
Since Aiden and Seth only had bottles while we were there last time, they were a little more impressed with entree selection today. They both liked the brisket and turkey, but they couldn't get enough of the ribs (and I can't say I blame them, since they're my favorite too).
Seth looking a little jealous after we let Aiden have a try of the rib that Seth had been eating from to begin with.
Two very happy boys! I think they chewed on those ribs for about 15 minutes before we were finally able to get them to eat some other stuff too.
Myself, Aiden, Dan, Seth and Dad after eating our fill.Below is some of the merchandise that you could purchase at the restaurant. My favorite t-shirt (not pictured) says on the back, "I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian." Hilarious!

No comments: