.

.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Little Big Boys

Yesterday, Aiden and Seth reached the two-and-a-half-year mark. They seem much more grown up than they did at 2 years - they're speech has really improved, especially in the last 3 months. They attempt to say every new word we introduce them to and do surprisingly well with words for the occasional Mexican dinners I make. Maybe it has something to do with being born so close to the southern border?! Here's a video that I took a few months ago of them practicing their Spanish:


However, even though they are getting bigger, Aiden and Seth are still on the little side as far as clothes. As of a few weeks ago, they are finally both too tall for their 18-month pants, but can still fit into some 18-month shirts. In April when we had that heatwave, I even put them in the shorts that I had bought them last summer, since I didn't had any new ones yet. Of course, since they were wearing much smaller shorts than their age in '08 also, I was putting them in the 9-month shorts I bought them last June! They were a little short in the legs, but still fit just fine in the waist, even on Aiden! I pulled out some of their old summer clothes today and decided to try a few of them on, wondering if they still fit. When they did, I had to get the camera out! Here they are in their 18-month shirts from last summer and their "new" 18-month shorts that didn't fit until this year:
p.s. Aiden is taller than Seth, but not as tall as this picture looks. And Seth is trying to smile for this picture, although it appears to be more of a cringe. Nothing about this picture session was painful for either of them - honest!

No comments: