Friday, September 18, 2009
Sisterly Help
This past Tuesday, Dan returned to work, but the transition was eased by Alvana's arrival on Monday evening. She took the boys on a short trip the next day to meet up with a friend and her baby about an hour away so that I could spend the day with just Cora. Of course, Cora slept most of the time. Even though I should have taken advantage of that and slept too, I used the day to clean and felt much better about the state of our house afterward. However, I was exhausted by the end of the day and did rest the next few days when I had a chance. On Wednesday, Alvana took Aiden and Seth to the park and on Thursday, she took them to meet some friends and their kids for a playdate in the morning.
Seth and Aiden loved having Aunt Alvana around (although they did miss Uncle David a lot and asked about him often), and I really appreciated all her help with the boys as I adjusted to having Dan back at his job.
Of course, Cora also enjoyed meeting Aunt Alvana for the first time... and she is (well, I am) really excited about her new outfits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment