Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that we had the kiddie pool out? Fall is definitely here now! The maple on our back lawn is turning a beautiful shade of red and already losing quite a few leaves. With the forecast for the end of the week being very wet, I sent the boys outside to play for most of the afternoon both today and yesterday.

They were thrilled when I got out the rake for them yesterday afternoon. I quickly made a small pile for them to jump in, and while Seth made a few leaps...

he was just as happy doing the work part. If he could have had things his way, I'm sure he would have had a perfectly neat pile. (I can't imagine where he gets that from!)

Leaves were carried,

piled into the bucket,

and properly cleaned from the rake.

Aiden on the other hand, doesn't feel the need to make playtime too neat or organized. He loved jumping in the leaves,

throwing them around,

and dumping them on his head!

I loved this photo, even though it turned out blurry. Seth was being crabby with Aiden since Aiden was thowing leaves and Seth was trying to rake. It just makes me laugh when their completely opposite personalities are so apparent! Who would have thought that an afternoon playing in leaves would be one of those moments when their differences shine through so clearly?

Zion also enjoyed being outside with the boys and I while Cora napped inside. (Zion's been very good lately being off from her run while she's outdoors with us. It's so nice that finally - at the age of 6 - we can trust her to not take off towards the nearest road or squirrel!)
2 comments:
Messy or organized, those boys are adorable!
It's always fun to see the differences in our kids! (Sounds like Seth is a little more like mommy despite his Loucks cloning. lol)
The weather has been fabulous - we're trying to take advantage of it too. No leaves here yet.
Post a Comment