.

.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mikiah Ryker

Our new baby boy, Mikiah Ryker, joined us at 7:29am on July 24th.  He is a big boy!  We were so surprised at his length (21 3/4 " long) and especially his weight (9 lbs. 6 oz.)!  We had decided to have a home birth this time and since the older kids were with Grandma and Grandpa Loucks, it worked out really well.  
 This picture of Mikiah and I was taken on Tuesday evening, when he was about 12 hours old.  I was exhausted from practically no sleep since Sunday night, but happy to be in my own house recovering. (I was in labor from 11pm on through the night on Monday, and had a very hard time napping after he was born.)
 On Wednesday, the three of us continued our relaxation at home.  He slept really well that night (the longest time was a five-hour stretch!) and it really helped Dan and I get the rest we needed too.

 It was wonderful to have Aiden, Cora and Seth back home with us on Thursday afternoon.  They were so excited to meet their baby brother!
What a huge blessing from God to have three handsome boys and a sweet little girl!

No comments: