.

.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Preparation

In preparation for being gone to NY from the 17th through the 27th, I have had a small list of things that needed to get done this week, such as extra laundry, packing, etc. Also on that list though was to put up the Christmas tree. You may be thinking it's way too early for that, but I have reasoned it all out. We leave before Thanksgiving, but we get back FIVE days later. Our Christmas tree needs to be up by then! I know I will be wanting to decorate the night we get back, since our flight is due in pretty early; but I also know that Dan will not want to deal with putting up our artificial tree after being in airports or on planes all day. Since I can't manage the tree myself, I had him put it up tonight (we'll have enough to do tomorrow evening), but I'm waiting to decorate it until we get back. However, all the lights are built in, so it's all lit up and looking very festive despite its bareness. Aiden and Seth love it! I'm sure they'd also love to get to it, but we can strategically place the ottoman in front of the tree to block their path. They were both trying to squeeze past the furniture to get to the tree though. Hopefully they will be content with looking only!




1 comment:

Laura said...

You followed through with your rationalized plan - I'm so proud of you! :-) I moved my living room around this weekend in preparation for getting our tree next Friday - I can't wait!!!