For the past few days, we've been dealing with a very sick boy. Aiden has had a cough for a few weeks now, but on Thursday it started to sound a lot deeper. He was also starting to wheeze and I knew whatever he had wasn't just a regular cold anymore. I took both the boys to the doctor on Friday morning and Seth (although he does have a cough and runny nose) was OK. I was right about Aiden though - he has bronchiolitis. Basically, it's infant bronchitis. Dr. Kilgoar told me that it will probably get really bad for 2-3 days, and then it should start to improve. It won't be completely gone for about 7-14 days though. I think Aiden only had it bad for a little over 2 days. Thursday night was the start of it being bad and I slept with him on the guest room bed all night (if you can call it that, since I know I really didn't sleep all that much!). Dan took the night shift on Friday and we shared it last night. Yesterday Aiden just wanted to be held all day. He wasn't eating well and the little that he did eat he threw up because he was coughing so hard. I think he was in 5 or 6 different outfits because of all the times he got sick. This morning though, he was wanting to get down on the floor and play and he even ate most of his breakfast (without incident). Since it's a viral infection, Aiden is contagious. There isn't too much I can do to keep Aiden away from Seth, so I'm bracing myself for the second round. So far, no fever for Seth, and he hasn't seemed to be coughing worse yet either. Maybe he won't get sick... but I'm not betting on it.
Although it's been a rough couple of days, I am extremely grateful that they got sick this past week and not this coming week. I'm praying they'll both be over all of it by the time we leave for NY on Saturday!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment