Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Nature Hike
On Sunday afternoon, Dan and I took a break from working in the house to take the boys for their first nature hike in our woods. Some of my favorite memories from when I was young were taking walks with my mom in the woods we had behind the house I grew up in. I love that I will be able to do the same with my boys! Dan and Seth were ahead and saw a deer when we were walking, and Aiden and I found a small snake in the dead leaves.



Another one of my favorite things when I was growing up was berry-picking with my mom. I didn't see any berry bushes in our woods, but later we went to a park and I found some berry bushes there. I was so excited to have black raspberries! I had Seth with me when we were at the park and we both ate about a dozen of them while Dan (who wasn't as excited about the berries as I was) walked down the pond there with Aiden. The boys enjoyed tossing rocks into the pond and then they played on the jungle gym for a while before we headed home for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment