.

.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

County Fair

This past Saturday, we took the boys to the county fair in the next county over. (It was only about a half-hour drive and we had missed the county fair in our county which was a few weeks ago.) I love the food at fairs - the taffy, fudge and fried dough are some of my favorites - so I had told Dan at the beginning of August that I really wanted to get to a county fair this month and I'm so glad we were able to go. The boys had a great time looking at all the animals (especially the baby pigs),
and going on a few of the rides for the smaller kids.
They also got to try out Dan's root beer float, along with the other (completely unhealthy) fair food that I like.
We watched the harness-racing horses practice in the morning and caught the end of one of the races right before we left. We walked over towards the stables on our way to the parking lot and one of the drivers let the boys try on his helmet and safety glasses and hold the whip too. They were really excited about that!
Aiden and Seth's favorite part of the fair was getting to bounce in an inflatable tiger. They've never been in a bounce house before and they absolutely loved it! (We were glad too that the rides had just opened and there weren't any other children waiting to go in there when the boys went it. I felt much happier knowing they weren't going to be bounced around by huge four and five-year-olds.) It was also hilarious for us to watch them in there. I think we got just as much enjoyment out of watching them as they did out of jumping!

2 comments:

Alvana said...

Technically they went in a bounce house in May over at our neighbors house! But it was a smaller scale version of this one, so it doesn't have to count. I know how you are with liking to witness "firsts"!

Dan and Alenna said...

Oh no! You're right! Thanks for reminding me of that so I don't write it in theirs memory books incorrectly!