Since Cora has been feeling better, we've been trying again to get her to eat baby food. She still is gagging on (and spitting out) the rice cereal. So I tried carrots the other day, thinking that maybe she just didn't like the taste of the rice cereal - but really, can you blame her for that? For her first attempt at carrots, they ended up more on her...

and her tray than in her mouth, although she didn't gag on it the way she does on cereal. After wondering if maybe Cora was just being independent and wanting to feed herself, I tried giving her some cheerios.

She was very interested in them, but couldn't quite grasp them well enough to get them to her mouth. However, after I put a little piece in her mouth for her, I got the same "what is this stuff?!" look from her that I usually get when trying to feed her.

Her doctor told me to water down the rice cereal some more and keep trying it, or try some fruits instead. (I was a little worried about her not liking any veggies if I give her fruits to begin with, but I read this afternoon that the AAP - American Academy of Pediatrics - has said,
"There is no evidence that your baby will develop a dislike for vegetables if fruit is given first. Babies are born with a preference for sweets, and the order of introducing foods does not change this.") We'll see if Cora will take to eating a little better with some applesauce or bananas.
1 comment:
love the smiling carrot-face! :)
Post a Comment