.

.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Disaster Averted

After lunch today, there was a strange smokey smell in the house that I couldn't quite pinpoint. I searched every room upstairs and finally realized that it was the decorative lamp I keep in the living room. I switched it off and assumed that it was just smokey because of dust on it, as I hardly ever turn it on (and on of the boys had turned it on this morning).
A little while later, I walked by the lamp again and realized that there was something in it. When I took off the top, I found that someone had stuffed three tissues in it, which were very close to catching on fire! That someone (and that someone's brother, since this is a "monkey see, monkey do" household) got a stern talking to about the dangers of tissues around lamps. Praise the Lord that I figured out what the smell was before the tissues were on fire!

No comments: