.

.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Simple Stuff

I've been reading lately about eating less processed foods and more natural foods in the book, Real Food by Nina Planck. It has been overwhelming to think about all the processed stuff we put in our bodies, but one of the simple ways that I've decided to get rid of some of the sugar, high fructose corn syrup and soybean oil that we eat on a daily basis is to make my own whole-wheat bread. I made a couple of loafs last Saturday and made two more yesterday afternoon. Of course, Aiden and Seth's favorite part is the punching down after the dough has risen.
Cora wanted to try it too after seeing her brothers, although hers was more of a little tap than a punch.
The result is a delicious wheat bread naturally flavored with honey. Yum! Not to mention the smell - very little beats the smell of bread baking, especially on a cold, winter day.

2 comments:

Alvana said...

Sounds delicious! Recipe, please?

Amy said...

Yes, recipe please!