.

.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Apple Picking

This morning started off cool, but was supposed to warm up quickly, so the kids and I took advantage of the nice temperatures to drive up to Watkins Glen and pick apples at Reisinger's Apple Country.  
 Of course, the favorite part of picking apples for the kids is being able to pull, push and ride around in the carts.  
 Mikiah slept the whole time in the carrier, which made apple picking easier.
 Aiden, Seth and Cora were big helpers!  Since the day was so beautiful, I had to get lots of pictures of them in different places around the orchard.



 Even Mikiah got in on some pictures in the oversized Adirondack chair.

I'm hoping to be able to pick apples again in a few weeks, since the Crispins last the longest (but they aren't ready until the beginning of October), but we have plenty for now to make lots of applesauce and  apple pie filling to freeze and probably a fresh apple crisp or two.  Even though I'd rather have summer fruit - berries and peaches especially! - being able to bake with apples is one of the best parts of autumn!

No comments: