Last Saturday, Cora celebrated her 3rd birthday! Grandma & Grandpa had sent a tiara that said "Birthday Girl" on it and Cora had fun opening that present before breakfast.
For the day, we drove up to Ithaca and went to the Science Center there. I had been there with some friends in the spring, but this was Dan's first time going. The kids were excited to show Dan the fun water exhibits.
There is a great play area outside as well and we enjoyed that in the morning before it got too hot.
Cora's favorite thing at the Science Center is a air column that is supposed to hold up a beach ball with a steam of air. But Cora loved to point it at her face!
When we had asked Cora what she wanted for her birthday, the only thing she ever said was cake with pink frosting. She picked out this recipe for raspberry cupcakes with raspberry frosting from my all-cupcake cookbook.
And she was happy with how it turned out!
After dinner, Cora opened her presents from us - a carseat for her dollies,
and also a baby carrier just the right size for her dolls. She has always loved her dolls (especially "Yogurt Dolly" - pictured - so named because her head has smells like vanilla), and has become quite the little mommy since Mikiah was born. I've been happy to see her playing with her new doll accessories every day since she got them!
After she opened her presents, I had Seth take a picture of Dan and I with our girl. He does quite well with taking pictures!
(A few days after Cora's birthday, I was talking on the phone and referred to her as my little girl. Cora turned to me and asked, "Mama, who's your little girl?" When I told her that she was, she said, "No I'm not... I'm your big girl!")




No comments:
Post a Comment