.

.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Family Biking

Last November, I got a road bike.  I rode it some on the trainer we have over the winter, but hadn't taken it out because I didn't have a helmet.  This week, I finally got a helmet and we got a helmet for Mikiah as well.  The child bike seat is one that we picked up at a garage sale when Aiden and Seth were toddlers, since Dan was starting to get into biking then, but had never used.  Tonight, we finally had the chance to use it!  Mikiah had been very excited about his helmet the night we bought it, and did pretty well with happily wearing it while an was riding with him.
When I first put it on though, he didn't want anything to do with it!
 After dinner, we loaded up all the bikes (which required both vans) and brought the kids to a nearby biking path.  Since the path is about a half-mile long and goes to a park with a playground, we thought we could stop there and let the kids play for a while before heading back to the vans.  But the path had too much gravel on it, and Cora had a really hard time with her training wheels getting stuck.  So Cora and I put our bikes back in the van and drove to another biking path in town, which is about a mile away.  Dan and all the boys rode there on their bikes.  It made my heart proud to see them all riding with Daddy... but also a little nervous, as this was their first time riding on the road!  They did great though!

After a few loops around the bike path, everyone was ready to call it a night.  
 

What a great end to our week!

1 comment:

Alvana said...

Looks like a lot of fun!