Today, on the other hand, was a gloomy, soggy day with the temperature back in the low 40's. What a letdown after the tease of yesterday! To fight the winter blues, Aiden, Seth and I had a carpet picnic today. They seemed to really like it. However, I will admit that they also really liked that they could make swishing noises with their feet on the vinyl tablecloth and scoot all over the 4'x6' area instead of staying stationary like usual. They didn't eat as much as normal because of these novelties, and I was saying "no" a lot since the do's and don'ts of inside picnics hadn't ever been established. But they had fun, and it was something new. Most importantly, it made me realize that the days between now and when it's warm enough for real picnics are going to go faster than I think.
Friday, February 27, 2009
February Blues
Yesterday was a beautiful day with temps in the low 50's (which is actually pretty high for this time of year, for all you Texans spoiled by 70-degree days already!), so after the boys were up from their nap in the afternoon, we all headed out to the park. Several others had the same idea as we did, and the jungle gym and swings were a busy place. The park that we went to became a favorite of ours last fall because of the big pond there and the trail that leads around it (although it hadn't been very fun to go to in the summer because there were too few shade trees). It was so refreshing to get outside again and feel the almost warm air that makes me think spring just might eventually come around again.
Today, on the other hand, was a gloomy, soggy day with the temperature back in the low 40's. What a letdown after the tease of yesterday! To fight the winter blues, Aiden, Seth and I had a carpet picnic today. They seemed to really like it. However, I will admit that they also really liked that they could make swishing noises with their feet on the vinyl tablecloth and scoot all over the 4'x6' area instead of staying stationary like usual. They didn't eat as much as normal because of these novelties, and I was saying "no" a lot since the do's and don'ts of inside picnics hadn't ever been established. But they had fun, and it was something new. Most importantly, it made me realize that the days between now and when it's warm enough for real picnics are going to go faster than I think.
Today, on the other hand, was a gloomy, soggy day with the temperature back in the low 40's. What a letdown after the tease of yesterday! To fight the winter blues, Aiden, Seth and I had a carpet picnic today. They seemed to really like it. However, I will admit that they also really liked that they could make swishing noises with their feet on the vinyl tablecloth and scoot all over the 4'x6' area instead of staying stationary like usual. They didn't eat as much as normal because of these novelties, and I was saying "no" a lot since the do's and don'ts of inside picnics hadn't ever been established. But they had fun, and it was something new. Most importantly, it made me realize that the days between now and when it's warm enough for real picnics are going to go faster than I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment