Friday, February 6, 2009
"Unna-wear!"
In an effort to get Seth and Aiden to be "big boys" and use the potty, I bought some pull-ups earlier this week. Seth used the potty once and was rewarded by getting to wear the pull-ups, but the concept of telling us when he needed to use the potty again escaped him. Today, I decided that I'd go ahead and buy some underwear for them since I thought maybe if they could feel themselves get wet and not have it instantly soaked up, they would put two and two together and start using the potty more. They were both very excited about their Elmo/Grover/Cookie Monster underwear and wanted to wear the Cookie Monster ones first. Aiden did end up wetting his pants and unfortunately was happy when I put him back in a diaper, even though Seth still had his underwear on. So that didn't work too well! Seth did keep his dry for about an hour before I changed him back into a diaper, but since I had wanted him to feel what it was like to be wet in them, that backfired too. We'll keep trying! They were, however, more than happy to show off their new underwear for the camera!

They also thought it was funny to look over at their brother and see Cookie Monster on his buns (and I thought it was hilarious to watch them!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Where did you find the cookie monster underwear? I'm at the same stage with my son - he only wants the cookie monster diaper, and there are only so many of those in a pack! I'd do laundry every day if it meant no more diapers!!
Walmart, in the toddler section. Although, there are only 2 Cookie Monster pairs in the pack (along with 2 Grover and 3 Elmo), just so you know.
Thanks! I'll try my local Walmarts. 2 cookies are better than none! The Target pack has all Elmos! :(
Post a Comment