Sunday, February 15, 2009
Valentine's
In Texas, our Valentine's tradition has always been for Dan to pick up a box of chocolate-covered strawberries from Lammes Candies - a local candy store in Round Rock that only sold those on the 13th and 14th of February. This year, I decided that I would do some detective work and find a place where we could get our Valentine's fix in our new corner of the country. I found a chain that has a store in Corning and took the boys out on Friday morning to go pick up a "bouquet" of 24 chocolate-dipped strawberries. I told Dan that the boys and I had gone out, but not what we had done... although he was pretty sure what I had been up to. It didn't matter to me at all that I was the one buying the gift this year and not Dan. After all, we'll always have our strawberries to eat either way! And our Valentine's Day was perfectly complete!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment