Monday, July 27, 2009
Blueberries for Aiden & Seth
This afternoon, the boys and I went blueberry picking at a farm a couple miles south of our house. Today was also the first day that there have been blackberries ripe enough to pick too, so hopefully we'll get a chance to go again next week and pick those as well. Aiden and Seth helped a little bit to begin with, but quickly tired of the mission we were on to pick a minimum of 4 lbs. of berries. (If we had picked less, we would have had to pay extra.) We all had milk jugs with the tops cut off with rope so they could be tied around our waists and we could pick hands-free. While I completely filled my jug, the boys probably only picked about 20 berries each. There was a swing-set at one end of the bushes, so I picked near that end, and Aiden and Seth entertained themselves on the swings. Seth wandered back over to me a few times to pick some more berries and add them to mine, but Aiden was pretty content to play on the swing-set and with the rope that we had been given. I was very proud of the boys for not eating any of the berries while they were picking though. They both LOVE blueberries and could eat them by the handful if we'd let them, but we had talked on the way there about how we couldn't eat any before paying for them, since it would be stealing. I wasn't sure if they really understood what stealing was, but they did understand that we couldn't eat any while there and everything that they picked (well... that wasn't rejected by their mom for being too green or too mushy) made it into the stash.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Really like that last picture!
That sounds like a great outing!!! But how did you tie the rope around your baby-belly???
Boys are getting so big! I recognize some similarities with our bout of berry picking except that my kids didn't get the "no eating" part!
Post a Comment