.

.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shooter Guns

At the reunion on Sunday, Seth and Aiden each got a prize for participating in a few of the games that had been organized for the children. One of these prizes was a package of three very small squirt guns (which the boys refer to as "shooter guns"). The triggers on two of the guns broke before we even left the reunion, but I filled up the one remaining gun yesterday afternoon and let the boys take turns with it outside. After about 10 trips to the sink in an hour, I decided that I would go out and find some larger capacity squirt guns. I found a pack of six in various sizes at Walmart this morning and only had to make three trips to the sink this afternoon.
When Dan got home, the boys ran out from their "hiding spot" on the lawn and got to squirt Daddy. I didn't let him go without his own gun for too long and all three boys spent the next 20 minutes chasing each other around the front lawn and getting quite soaked. They all had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Like Fudge said...

Too fun! Hey, just an idea, but I fill a bucket with water, so that the boys can refill as needed. Your boys are little; so you have to watch that they don't fall in, of course.

Adams Fam: said...

Huh, that's funny--Charlie calls them "shooter guns" too. I wonder why. The whole gun thing really does bring up some interesting issues with the whole nature vs. nurture debate huh? Amelia loves her baby dolls and also likes to make me sit so she can "do mommy's hair"