Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Newt!
The boys were in the bath tonight and Zion needed to go outside. As I was letting her back in, I saw a bright orange newt a few feet from our back door. I grabbed a bowl from the kitchen, scooped it up in that and brought it inside for Aiden and Seth to see.
Aiden was a little scared of it at first. (He kept saying, "No like dis. Dis bite me.") We finally convinced him that his fingers were not in harm's way, and both the boys then took turns touching the newt.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow... I don't think I've ever seen a salamander in NY!
CoCo is convinced that this is actually a newt. I have no idea, personally; but CoCo is a champion salamander catcher. Guess that we're going to have to find out what it is.
Okay. Newt status is confirmed. :-)
Thanks to CoCo for being the "snopes.com" for me! :-)
Very cool! And very orange! :)
Post a Comment