This past weekend, David and Alvana drove up to our place for a short visit. On Saturday, Alvana and I drove to the town of Castile (which I'm not sure I've ever been in before) for the baby shower that I had helped arrange for my niece/nephew that will be arriving sometime in late January. A friend of mine had helped me find the location, which turned out to be the ideal place, as it was close(r) to family, and friends in Buffalo and the Marion area than it would have been to have had everyone come here. I don't think I normally get stressed about planning events... but then I think I just avoid planning them altogether for the most part! Due to my worrying over everything going smoothly, I failed to get any pictures. Thankfully, my sister-in-law, Lori, took some for me while Alvana was opening presents, or we wouldn't have had any at all!
(A college friend's daughters provided a lot of laughs and entertainment for everyone!)
It was wonderful to be able to have a part in welcoming this new baby into our family. I can't wait to meet him/her!

No comments:
Post a Comment