What a beautiful and productive day! Dan and I were able to get a lot of work done around the house today and it felt so great! Most days, I don't have much to show for the work I've done except clean dishes in the sink, my family's full bellies and maybe a load or two of folded laundry. Not that I don't have a sense of self-worth from what I do each day, because I do. It's just that more often than not, I know that the accomplishments of my waking hours aren't checked off of a do-to list, but are written on my boys' hearts in memories we make, lessons I teach them and the time we share together. I know even though the days sometimes seem really long, the years are flying by and someday I'll have all the time in the world to keep things as clean and organized as I'd like to. But with all that time, I won't have two little ones around to giggle with or play silly games with. A poem I read once talks about housework being able to wait because babies won't wait until we're done with it to grow up. The last few lines say, "So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." Toddlers don't keep either, and so the toys might be scattered all over for twelve hours of the day, but we're having fun!
Back from my tangent now... Dan and I were able to get all the screens off the windows, all the windows washed (only on the outside, but I have a hard time justifying a concerted effort to clean all the insides of the windows as I know little fingers and the dog's nose will have them dirty again in no time at all), and several more boxes emptied and broken down. We still have probably a half dozen boxes that haven't been emptied from our move, but now the problem is finding a place to put something once it's unpacked. It's easier just to leave it in a box in the meantime! Now if we could only find the time to finish painting and doing the rest of the projects around here... someday...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment