.

.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

This afternoon, Dan and I drove to the other side of town where I'd seen signs advertising a corn maze that opened last weekend. Dan and I have been to a corn maze up near Marion both in 2000 and 2003 and this one was a lot smaller than that one, but it was much easier to go through with toddlers (everyone was given a map that they could use if they wanted to), so I was glad about that! The boys had their first ever hay ride (which they probably would have liked even better if they had ridden on the tractor, but then it wouldn't have been called by the same name).
Then we were off to explore the corn maze! We had been given a piece of paper with Halloween-themed riddles, which we could solve by finding the answers tacked up on posts in the maze. We found all of them, but Seth was fascinated by the small pencil we'd been given and had to carry that around the whole time. (Notice it tightly gripped in his hand while he's trying to figure out the plant that's overtaking the path through the corn.)
We exited the corn at the back of the pumpkin patch where Aiden and Seth loved looking at all the "apples" (what they say and sign whenever they see pumpkins). They also liked pretending that they were eating the pumpkins, so that provided a lot of amusement for Dan and I.
(I loved the above series of pictures with Aiden, so I had to put that in too.)

While Aiden was getting up close and personal with the pumpkins, Seth was still carrying around the paper and pencil. We tried telling him that we were out of the maze and didn't need the map anymore, but he wasn't ready to part with his treasures.
We checked out the dog prints that were in the dirt by the pumpkins...
puzzled over the pumpkin-head people who could stand on one hand for days on end...
cuddled up with our favorite pumpkins...
and headed home for dinner after a fun-filled afternoon!

2 comments:

m said...

Oh my goodness, that sure does look fun! Those kids are so adorable, by the way!

Alvana said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful afternoon!