Since Dan was heading back to NY on Thursday also, we planned to met up about an hour north of Philly where we had lunch together and then he took Aiden with him for the rest of the drive. It made the trip home a lot easier to only have one of the boys with me. Seth kept calling Aiden's name though (and Dan told me that Aiden was calling for Seth in their car too), but there was much less whining. Although I had been nervous about such a long roadtrip since the boys haven't had much experience with driving very far, they did really well and I know I won't be as stressed about it next time.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
New Jersey Trip
This past week, I took my first ever road trip alone with Aiden and Seth (and Zion too). Dan had to travel to the west Philadelphia area for work from Tuesday through Thursday, so we went down to my sister's house on Monday and stayed through Thursday morning. The four and a half hour ride down could have been better... but it could have been much worse too! We made it to Alvana and David's house by mid-afternoon and after taking a short nap, the boys were ready to help Alvana with dinner preparations.

Alvana was able to get out of work early from Monday through Wednesday and go into work later on Thursday, so Seth and Aiden had a lot of time to spend with her. But they also enjoyed spending time with their super-cool Uncle David when he was home in the evenings.
Alvana has the piano that we had when we were growing up and both boys climbed up on the bench daily to practice their skills.
On Tuesday afternoon, Al and I took the boys to a nearby park that overlooks Philly from the Delaware River. Aiden and Seth played on the jungle gym for a while and then we walked to the riverbank to throw rocks in.

On Wednesday, we went to the office where Alvana works so that her co-workers could meet me and the boys. (The highlight of that trip was the drinking fountain!)
Since Dan was heading back to NY on Thursday also, we planned to met up about an hour north of Philly where we had lunch together and then he took Aiden with him for the rest of the drive. It made the trip home a lot easier to only have one of the boys with me. Seth kept calling Aiden's name though (and Dan told me that Aiden was calling for Seth in their car too), but there was much less whining. Although I had been nervous about such a long roadtrip since the boys haven't had much experience with driving very far, they did really well and I know I won't be as stressed about it next time.
Since Dan was heading back to NY on Thursday also, we planned to met up about an hour north of Philly where we had lunch together and then he took Aiden with him for the rest of the drive. It made the trip home a lot easier to only have one of the boys with me. Seth kept calling Aiden's name though (and Dan told me that Aiden was calling for Seth in their car too), but there was much less whining. Although I had been nervous about such a long roadtrip since the boys haven't had much experience with driving very far, they did really well and I know I won't be as stressed about it next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We were so glad that you guys visited... despite the our current state of reconstruction at the house! You are welcome anytime!!
Post a Comment