.

.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tree Trimming

This morning, I realized that the earliest chance I'd have to put up our Christmas tree would be after the boys went to bed on Saturday night. However, they have been looking forward to getting out their ornaments for about a month, and I knew they wouldn't want to miss out on the fun of decorating. So after Cora went down for a nap, I lugged our tree up from the basement and set it up myself. (The setting up part has always been Dan's job... Dan's ONLY job, as he's not much of a tree decorator.) Our tree is pre-lit, but I couldn't figure out where all the plugs were supposed to be attached. (Getting the lights lit falls under the "setting up" category.) Even without all the lights turned on, the boys and I went ahead with putting on their ornaments.
They were both really excited about seeing all their ornaments again. They wanted to know who had bought each ornament for them, and I was happy to know my memory must not be slipping too much with age. I could tell them which year and from whom each ornament had been received.
Later in the day, I put the rest of the ornaments on the tree. And like Aiden and Seth, I concentrated on only one area of the tree - the top! - as the bottom three feet had already been sufficiently covered by the boys. They were such great helpers! I love that they love decorating the Christmas tree as much as I do!

1 comment:

Like Fudge said...

Cute! Curious to see how much you remember about the ornaments when Cora's get into the mix and a few years go by. I have to label mine with marker on the bottom now. :-)