What is it with Seth getting cuts above his left eye?!
Yesterday, Seth was running from the bathroom to the dining room to have lunch when he tripped and hit his head against the wooden base on the ottoman in the living room. I was still drying my hands, but went running when I heard his scream. When I saw him lying on the floor, I expected to just pick him up and kiss a rug burn. I was shocked when I saw blood dripping down his face and all over the hand that he'd put up by his left eye. There was much more than a rug burn - there was a large, gaping hole right next to his eyebrow. There was no way a band-aid was going to help this wound. Thankfully, Mom and Dad Loucks had come down for the day to do some gardening work and were able to help out with the trip to the ER. Dan came home from work and he and Dad watched Cora and Aiden, while Mom and I took Seth to the ER. Seth was very brave! He cried while we were still home, but his tears subsided during the car ride and he was mostly all smiles during our time in the waiting room. There was a High Five magazine to read and some Barney on TV, and Grandma had thought to bring his sandwich and some cereal bars with us as well, so there was some food to snack on. After waiting about an hour, we were led back to the room. Mom and I were not surprised when we were told that glue would not help with Seth's cut. But even though he got four stitches, Seth didn't cry at all! We were back home about three hours after we left, with Seth happily sporting a Snoopy band-aid (which he thought was a treat, since I never buy cartoon character band-aids). Twenty minutes later, he was back outside helping Grandma and Grandpa with the gardening. Hopefully he'll do just as well getting the stitches out on Tuesday. These are his Thursday and Friday looks.

2 comments:
I'm so glad he's recovering well. Did they tell you to keep sunscreen on the scar for a couple of years? It makes a huge difference.
Ugh! My older three have war wounds in the brow area too. Taking little guys for stitches is never fun. Glad to hear he did so well. I'm with Carla on the sunscreen advice, though the plastic surgeon told us 6 months. (Maybe they have extended that.)
Post a Comment