Last weekend, we moved Cora from the crib (where she has been happily sleeping with no signs of ever trying to climb out) to a twin-size bed, in anticipation of the baby's birth in a few months. Even though she probably would have continued to sleep well in the crib, we wanted to give her some time to adjust to her new bed before having to adjust to a baby in the house as well. Thankfully, it wasn't as tight of a squeeze to fit another bed in as I had thought it would be.
On Friday afternoon, I put her down for a nap in her new bed and anticipated her having a hard time sleeping. But she surprised me by being completely quiet and napping for two hours. That evening, she was really excited to go to sleep again in her bed... but she wasn't quite as well-behaved as she had been in the afternoon. About 45 minutes after we put her down, she was up and opening her bedroom door to peek out at us. After a stern reminder to not get out of her bed when she's supposed to be sleeping, things were thankfully quiet. I heard her again at 5:45am and got up to check on her. When I went into her room, I found that she had turned on her lamp and taken off both her pajamas and her diaper! I put a new diaper on for her to sleep in and sent her back to bed.
Thankfully, she hasn't tried that again. Since her second night in her new bed, she has been sleeping wonderfully, getting up only when her Good Nite Lite looks like the sun. We are so happy for the easy adjustment from crib to bed!


1 comment:
Great job, Cora!
Post a Comment