.

.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Landscaping

For our anniversary, Mom and Dad Loucks bought us two lilac bushes - deer resistant lilac bushes! I've known I wanted some lilac bushes ever since we moved back north, but I'd heard that the deer can wreck havoc on them, so I was thrilled that we are able to have my favorite flower on our lawn without it being turned into a snack for our four-legged visitors. This afternoon, Dan dug up another bush that was on our backyard...
and with a little help from the boys, planted one of our lilac bushes in its place. We'll probably end up putting the second one on the front lawn in another area that gets a decent amount of sunlight.
(I had been trimming another one of our huge bushes on the back lawn and both the boys picked up some of the larger branches from that. I guess Aiden decided that he should try to plant his like Daddy was planting the lilac!)
I'm so excited to now have my own lilacs to enjoy every May!

No comments: