.

.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

As a last-minute decision, we decided to take the boys trick-or-treating this evening, even though Dan is still fighting a cold and I'm coming down with one. We dressed the boys in their John Deere gear, as tractor repairmen... and added some drawn-in beards as a final touch!
Even Cora was festive (under the Baby Bjorn and her sweatshirt), in her "Baby's 1st Halloween" onesie.
Since we live on a curvy road that has very little shoulder, we took the boys to two nearby neighborhoods to trick-or-treat there instead.
Aiden and Seth loved it! They were their typical, talkative selves (especially Aiden!) and chatted with everyone whose door they rang.
Thankfully, the rain that had been off and on all day cleared up just in time and we had a beautiful, almost warm evening (at least until the sun was gone).
When I had told Seth this afternoon that mommies and daddies don't get to trick-or-treat because they're too old, he looked really sad and then said, "Mommy, I share my candy with you!" So when we got home, the boys each got one piece of candy, and then we dumped the contents of both of their pillowcases into a bowl for all of us to share. Since they got almost all chocolate, I am thrilled that neither of them have a problem with sharing their candy with Dan and I!

1 comment:

Like Fudge said...

Costumes that make the entire Loucks family proud! :-)