.

.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Going Green

Today's theme at MOPS was "Going Green" and it was also a family day because the kids (ages 3 and up) were able to stay with us moms. Besides the kids from the preschool class, there were several older children as well since most schools in the area have a week-long break right now. Aiden and Seth missed being in their class, but were happy to see their teacher in with the moms. (She's great with the boys! I really appreciated when she asked the boys to help her with the homemade ice cream she was in charge of making while I went to put Cora down for a nap in the nursery. I had been kinda overwhelmed before going today thinking about having all three with me, but it worked out fine!) Aiden and Seth also got to play games with recycled items and have a short story time with the other kids. All of those that came were encouraged to wear green...
and of those that did, we were chosen as the "greenest" and won some fun goodies! I got several eco-friendly cleaning supplies, and the kids got a Veggie Tales mini-planter. Although we didn't plant anything this afternoon, the boys were thrilled to be able to "clean" for me!
But now I'm wondering... does is reflect badly on me that after about 20 minutes of cleaning, Seth turned to me and said, "Who coming over, Mama?"

1 comment:

Carla said...

Ha! Seth's question left me laughing out loud! I think my boys probably think the same thing. :)