.

.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sick Baby

Cora had her first ever fever on Thursday and although I took her to the doctor (and he ran tests and checked her for several infections), nothing was found. She seemed to be somewhat better yesterday as her fever went down and her cough was less often. Today she has been much worse though, and there have been several times she has coughed so hard that she's thrown up. I have no medical basis with which to make a diagnosis, but to me, she seems to be acting a lot like the way Aiden did when he got bronchiolitis two or three times when he was a toddler. (I even checked back to a blog I wrote over two years ago and after re-reading his symptoms it made me think even more that Cora has this same infection.) Today, she spent a lot of time coughing...
and a lot of time looking at me plaintively (while I wished that there was something I could do to help her).
We did see a few smiles, especially earlier in the day.
And much of Cora's awake (and asleep) time was spent cuddled up with Daddy.
We're praying for a better day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Suzi K said...

Oh poor baby! I would take her back if she's still doing bad tomorrow. Keep us updated! I'll be praying. She is SO beautiful!!

Like Fudge said...

Awww! So sorry to hear. I hope she's feeling better soon, and that you guys figure out what the problem is.