.

.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Just about daily, one (or both) of the boys say something that makes me chuckle and I think, "I should write this down so I don't forget to tell Dan!" and I never do, and most things are forgotten. Last week, I made it a point to write down all those silly, nonsensical things and I have to share them here too.

After Seth had asked Aiden to help him with something, Aiden replied, "You can do it yourself. You a big boy." (Sounds like something Dan and I say to both Seth and Aiden all the time!)

One evening at dinner, Seth says to me, "Let me tell you a secret..." (and then whispers) "Tomatoes have protein in it!"

After realizing that the crabby attitude he was having towards me was not getting the results he wanted, Seth said, "Mama, I love you now."

Aiden was playing on the floor with Cora one morning and she was holding his hand, which (of course) she tried to chew on. After Aiden retrieved his hand from Cora's mouth he said, "She getting germs on me, Mama!"

Out of the blue, Seth brought up the subject of when he's going to be getting his license by saying, "I gonna drive 'bout four, Mama?" (He was pretty disappointed when I told him he doesn't get to drive when he turns four!)

My favorite last week was when Aiden announced, "My car need to get fixed because it have salt on it." (I guess that's what happens to three-year-old logic when there are trips to get the brakes fixed and to the car wash in the same week!)

2 comments:

Suzi K said...

Too cute!!!

Shelly said...

oh no, Aiden's worrying about germs now too (I thought that would be Seth's domain!) can't wait to see those cousins of mine (all of 'em) in May! :)