.

.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not Quite There

With Cora only a few weeks away from the six-month milestone, we finally bought another highchair this afternoon. (Technically, it's another space saver high chair like we had for the boys - which they now use as booster seats. I didn't know if I liked the idea of using another one of our chairs to put a high chair on, but after looking at the others at Target, I couldn't find a better design. I love that these space saver high chairs have trays that are very snug to the chair. Less food falls down the front than in most high chairs, and there is very little wiggle room, so the chance of a baby/toddler climbing out is significantly lower. Definitely two huge pluses in my mind! ...Anyway, enough of that product review!) Cora really liked being able to sit up to the table and be part of the interaction at dinner tonight.
We also decided to have her try some rice cereal for the first time.
She was curious about the "toy" I was putting in front of her (but kinda frustrated that I wasn't letting her hold it herself)...
...and less than thrilled about the texture and taste of the baby food!
Things improved when I just gave her the spoon and let her explore the utensil on her own.
I guess we'll try the food thing again another day!

1 comment:

Alvana said...

Poor Cora! She looks like that food is torturing her! Can't believe she's going to be starting solid food soon... she is growing up so fast!