.

.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday was the best Mother's Day I've have since the boys were born, mostly because they are now to the age where they understand Mother's Day and were excited about helping Daddy pick out presents for me. (I also learned that they are just like Dan in the fact that they couldn't wait to tell me what they'd bought on Saturday afternoon, even though I assured them that I love surprises and didn't want to know until the next morning. But they were in tears, saying, "But I want to tell you now!" so I let them.)

On Sunday morning, I didn't hear Dan get up with Aiden and Seth, but I heard Cora wake up and brought her back into our room while I waited for my "surprise" breakfast in bed. I had to laugh when I heard Aiden say from the kitchen, "Oh no, Sethy, we forgot to make the coffee!" They know that Mama loves her morning coffee!

A few minutes later, Dan and the boys came in with my breakfast: bacon, fried eggs and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which had been Aiden's idea. Dan told me later that Aiden and Seth made the sandwich all by themselves.
As I was eating my breakfast, Seth and Aiden were getting excited for me to open my presents. Aiden walked over to Dan's side of the closet and said, "Don't look over here, Mama!" and Seth added, "'Cause there's some candy and some presents that you can't see!" The candy was some Gertrude Hawk chocolate (much more than I needed... but I'm not complaining!). After Seth handed it to me he said, "Look, we got you some chocolate! Do you want to share with me?" in practically the same breath.
The other great thing about this Mother's Day was hearing Seth and Aiden say, "Happy Mother's Day" to me all day long, usually without any prompting from Dan. (Even today, they've been wishing me a happy Mother's Day. This afternoon, when Aiden once again told me "Happy Mother's Day!", he paused and said, "Is this still Mother's Day?" I told him that it wasn't, but that maybe every day should be Mother's Day. He smiled and said, "Yeah, every day is Mother's Day 'cause we still have more candy!")
I am so thankful to God every day that I am the mom of Aiden, Seth and Cora!

1 comment:

Like Fudge said...

What a beautiful day! Love the last pic of you and the kids!