.

.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Not a Castle

On our last day at the beach, the 21st, the bigger kids decided to undertake building a sand car. It was supposedly for Aiden and Seth, but I think it would have been built anyway, even if we weren't there. I believe Alvana's husband, David, was the one who thought to build a sand car and not a castle, but as Dan and I were boogie-boarding when construction first began, I'm a little unclear about the preliminary details. Soon just about everyone was helping out and the mound of sand started to look like a race car.
Seth and Aiden didn't seem to mind that all their sand toys had been confiscated by their aunt, uncle and cousins. They were content to use whatever wasn't being used at the time (which was usually these little scoops that held maybe one tablespoon of sand).
Alvana and Shelly worked on building up the wall around the race car as the waves came further up the beach.
When the walls were breached, the engineers let us take some pictures...
...but then it was back to work for them to finish detailing the car.
About a half hour later, the wall was doing nothing to stop the surf,
and the bigger boys went back to boogie-boarding.
Thank you to David, Jonathan, Alvana, Julian, Shelly and Dan for making an awesome sand car! Aiden and Seth loved it!

1 comment:

Alvana said...

David loved it too! :)